§ 1. Glossary
1. Graduate of the University of Lodz (Graduate) – a person who holds a diploma of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, postgraduate or doctoral programme from the University of Lodz.
2. User Database – an electronic database of Graduates who are holders of the Card, subject to processing and protection in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data and its implementing regulations.
3. Registration Form (Form) – an electronic form available at www.absolwent.uni.lodz.pl that is used to order a plastic version of the Card.
4. Absolwent UŁ/UL Alumni Application (Application) – a mobile application available in the AppStore and Google Play that is used to join the Alumni Club, order and use the UL Alumni Card, see the current offers and promotions of the Card Partners, as well as reconnect with people from student years.
5. University of Lodz Alumni Card (Card) – a personal card issued by the University of Lodz for free, with an unlimited validity and a unique number for the Project-related identification purposes. There is also an electronic version in use, available in the Application, with a number which is different from that of a plastic card.
6. Project Operator (University) – University of Lodz with its registered office at ul. Narutowicza 68 in Lodz, 90-136 Lodz, REGON (Business ID): 000001287, NIP (Tax ID): 724-000-32-43.
7. Project Partner (Partner) – a legal entity cooperating with the University of Lodz on the conditions specified in the Agreement, under which it guarantees certain Privileges to the Users.
8. Card User (User) – a Graduate who has joined the Project via the Form or the Application, and then collected their Alumni Card.
9. University of Lodz Alumni Card Project (Project) – an initiative of the University of Lodz aimed at its Graduates, and implemented together with the Partners based on the Card.
10. Privileges – special terms and conditions for using the Operator’s and Partners’ product and service offers, published on the Website and granted to the Card Users in the form of discounts on services or other special conditions for using the Operator’s and Partners’ offer.
11. Terms and Conditions – terms and conditions of the University of Lodz Alumni Card.
12. Project Implementer (Implementer) – Centre for External Relations, an organisational unit of the University of Lodz responsible for the implementation of the Alumni Card Project, based at ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Lodz, 2nd floor, room 211 and 212.
13. Website – the Project website; a subpage of the University’s home page at: absolwent.uni.lodz.pl.
14. Cooperation Agreement (Agreement) – an agreement concluded between the University and the Partner, defining the Privileges and the cooperation framework in terms of time and organisation.
§ 2. General Provisions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the implementation of the University of Lodz Alumni Card Project and define the rights and responsibilities of the University, the Partners and the Card Users.
2. Participation in the Project is voluntary. The condition for participation in the Project is acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
3. The Operator reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions during the Project implementation period and undertakes to immediately communicate such amendments on the Website.
§ 3. Card
1. The Card entitles its holder to use the Privileges offered by the Partners that have concluded the Agreement with the University.
2. The entitlement to the Card is verified based on the University’s archival data and documents that confirm graduation. These are either added as an attachment during registration via the Form or submitted by a Graduate upon collection of a plastic version of the Card – they include the original diploma or its copy or a relevant certificate from the dean’s office. The User of the Application and an electronic version of the Card is verified automatically via the USOS system. If the diploma cannot be found in the database, the Graduate will be asked to attach its scanned copy.
3. Only the Card User has the right to use the Card and enjoy the Privileges.
4. The Card’s validity period is unlimited.
5. The Card is valid upon presentation of a valid ID document. The presentation of an ID document is only necessary for the identity verification purposes.
6. In the event of a change in personal data, loss of the Card, its destruction or damage that prevents the use of the Card, the User is obliged to immediately notify the Implementer.
7. In the situations referred to in section 6, the Card is cancelled and the User may apply for a duplicate Card for an additional charge of 25 PLN.
8. If a lost Card is found before a duplicate is issued, the User may apply for the Card’s validity to be restored at no additional charge.
9. A duplicate Card is issued not later than 30 days after sending a relevant application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, upon presentation of the proof of payment for the charge referred to in section 7.
10. The authenticity of the Card is confirmed by the Implementer whenever it is requested by the Partner to do so.
11. A plastic card with dimensions of 85.60 mm × 53.98 mm and an electronic card in the Application have two sides:
a) the obverse showing the Project-related print and name: “UL Alumni Card”, the UL logotype, the website address: www.uni.lodz.pl, and fixed elements related to the technical requirements specified by the Card manufacturer; b) the reverse with a unique bar code of the Card User, the Website address: www.absolwent.uni.lodz.pl and fixed elements related to the technical requirements specified by the Card manufacturer.
12. The Card is available in two designs specified in an annex to the Terms and Conditions.
14. The owner of the Card is the University.
§ 4. Card User
1. Any Graduate from the University of Lodz, regardless of the year of graduation, can become a Card User.
2. To get a Card, a Graduate who joins the Project is obliged to fill in the Registration Form available at absolwent.uni.lodz.pl or register via the Application.
3. A Graduate who joins the Project is obliged to confirm accuracy of the data provided by an appropriate declaration subject to criminal liability.
4. Filling in and sending the Form to the Operator or registration in the Application are tantamount to accepting the Terms and Conditions.
5. The Card User is obliged to inform the University of any changes in the data provided during the application process.
6. Only one plastic card and only one electronic card can be issued to the Graduate, subject to §3 section 6 and 7.
7. A plastic version of the Card is issued not later than 30 days after the correct completion of the Form on the Website. An electronic version of the Card in the Application is verified automatically, otherwise the waiting time for authorisation is up to 24 hours.
8. The time limit referred to in section 1 may be extended in justified cases for technical reasons, about which the Graduates will be always informed by e-mail to the e-mail address specified in the application.
9. The Graduate may choose one of the currently available Card designs shown in an annex to the Terms and Conditions.
10. A plastic version of the Card is collected in person from the University of Lodz Library at Matejki 32/38 (Information Desk on the ground floor), from Monday to Saturday, from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, upon presentation of an ID document and the original diploma of graduation or its copy or a relevant certificate from the dean’s office.
11. A plastic version of the Card should collected within 6 months of the order date. After this date, the Card will be archived.
12. If the Card is not collected within 6 months of the order date, it will be possible to reapply for the Card upon payment of 25 PLN to the Project Implementer’s account.
13. The Card User may resign from participation in the Project at any time, provided that the Card is returned and a relevant written declaration is submitted.
14. However, the Card User is always obliged to show their ID document to confirm the right to use the Card (whenever a Partner requires them to do so).
15. The presentation of an ID document is only necessary for the identity verification purposes, and the Partner is not authorised to write down any information, be it from the Card or the ID document, whereas and any attempts to do so should be reported to the Implementer.
16. Before using the Partner’s service, the Card User is obliged to make sure that the Card is accepted by the Partner and the Card-related Privileges are actually granted to the holders.
§ 5. University
1. The unit responsible for implementation of the University of Lodz Alumni Card Project is the Centre for External Relations.
2. Obligations of the University include in particular:
a) implementation, management and monitoring of the Project; b) acquiring Partners; c) coordination of promotional activities regarding the Project; d) providing up-to-date information about the Project, Partners and Privileges; e) implementation of the Terms and Conditions and the existing Partnership Agreements; f) providing support for the Alumni Card, in particular by processing orders and managing the distribution process.
3. The University undertakes to implement all provisions contained in the Agreements, in particular to promote the Partners’ respective offers.
§ 6. Partner
1. It is the Partner’s duty to grant the Privileges to the Card Users on the conditions and for the period specified on the Privileges and Benefits page.
2. The minimum period of cooperation with any Partner under the Project is 6 months.
3. Partners are selected by the Project Implementer.
4. The Card Users can submit additional cooperation proposals and ideas to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
5. The terms and conditions of cooperation between the University and the Partner are specified in the Agreement.
6. The Partner is obliged to clearly display information for its clients regarding the Card acceptance.
7. The Partner has the right to withdraw from the Project on the conditions specified in the Agreement.
8. If the Partner withdraws from the Project, the Implementer is obliged to immediately inform the Card Users about the loss of or change in the Privileges offered by the Partner by posting such information on the Website.
9. In the event of gross violation of the Terms and Conditions of the Project, the Partner may be expelled from the Project and its offer removed from the Website.